A relatively large number of cables are buried underground. This means many people will be involved with (underground) power cables professionally, and that associated knowledge is a key requirement. This basic course, Power Cables in General, covers all the relevant aspects relating to power cables – not always down to a detailed level (specialized courses are available for this purpose), but especially in a related context. This means the course provides a good overview of all the elements that are of interest, as well as the options available for approaching or solving certain problems.
For more information and to register, please refer to the leaflet and registration form.
This course is part of a series of five on underground power cables. Supplementary to this general three-day course, four in-depth two-day courses have been developed, providing more detailed information on the following topics:
- Ampacity and engineering aspects of power cables
- Ageing, quality assurance, testing, diagnostics and failures of power cables
- Asset management, maintenance and remaining life of MV cables
- Asset management, maintenance and remaining life of HV and EHV cables
- Design parameters
- Materials & types of cable
- Cable manufacture
- Cable joints and terminations
- Cable installation
- Testing cables during the production and operation phases
- Asset management
Anyone involved (or to be involved) with power cables in the course of their daily work. It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree.